InControl Console is an essential component of our InControl software suite, containing the InControl console application. The InControl console is a powerful tool that enables you to monitor, report, and manage compliance and vulnerabilities across your entire fleet of systems.
InControl is a comprehensive application that allows you to detect and report any potential compliance and vulnerability issues with ease. It also provides timely action to address them. With its user-friendly and intuitive design, even non-technical users can navigate and utilize it effectively. The InControl console is an essential tool for any organization looking to maintain regulatory compliance and ensure the security and reliability of its systems and infrastructure.
The InControl console provides a centralized location for all compliance and vulnerability issues, allowing users to easily manage and track their progress. The application is constantly updated with the latest compliance and vulnerability standards, ensuring that your organization is always up-to-date and in compliance with regulations.
Overall, InControl is an indispensable tool for any organization looking to maintain regulatory compliance and ensure the security and reliability of its systems and infrastructure. Its advanced algorithms, user-friendly design, and customizable alerts and notifications make it the perfect solution for organizations of all sizes and industries.
Here is a screenshot of InControl.
The InControl application seamlessly coordinates with several modules, including:
- Vulnerability (detecting and effectively managing vulnerabilities across your fleet of systems)
- Linux_secured (measuring and strictly enforcing CIS compliance for Linux systems)
- Ora_secured (measuring and strictly enforcing CIS compliance for Oracle databases)
Additionally, we are actively working on and planning support for the following modules:
- Db2_secured (measuring and strictly enforcing CIS compliance for DB2 databases)
- Win_secured (measuring and strictly enforcing CIS compliance for Windows systems)
- Pg_secured (measuring and strictly enforcing CIS compliance for Postgres databases)
- Mssql_secured (measuring and strictly enforcing compliance for MS SQL databases)
In addition to the pre-defined CIS benchmark-based controls found in the product-based modules, you can also create your own controls. By doing so, you can tailor the system to fit your organization’s specific needs, ensuring that your compliance and vulnerability requirements are met. These custom controls can be designed to cover a wide range of areas, such as security policies, access controls, or data retention.
Furthermore, these controls will report back to InControl, making it the perfect centralized tool for all of your compliance and vulnerability needs. With InControl, you can easily monitor your operating systems, databases, and corporate controls to ensure that they meet your organization’s security standards. Whether you are looking to manage compliance requirements or identify potential vulnerabilities, InControl has got you covered.
Be ready for your auditor
Preparing for your audit requires showing to the auditor the settings and controls you have in place on your systems, as well as showing that your systems are compliant. InControl enables you to easily achieve this. Our compliance history page provides a visual representation of your compliance status over time.
In addition, the auditor may request an audit trail that documents any changes made to the controls and explains the reasoning behind them. The audit trail should also detail any compliance or vulnerability issues identified on the systems. The InControl audit trail provides this information.
On the audit trail entry for a change, it’s easy to view the current system status and any detected compliance changes.
In comparison to other compliance reporting solutions, InControl has a very strong unique selling point (USP). It can enforce the necessary changes to ensure your system is compliant. You have the option to choose between having InControl only report or enforcing the controls as well.
Our modules are based on an annual subscription(an entitlement). When you purchase an entitlement:
- you are allowed to use the module on the named nodes you purchased the subscription for;
- you get full support on usage and any issues you have;
- we will guide you towards a working setup;
- Are allowed to use the latest and greatest version without any extra charge.
We will make sure the modules keep working with the latest versions of Puppet en the supporting products like Oracle IBM MQ or WebLogic.
We currently have the following licensing methods for you:
1) Free when used on VirtualBox
2) Per node per year subscription
3) Custom licensing
1. Free when used on VirtualBox
This module is Free when used on a VirtualBox testing machine. The software checks if you are using VirtualBox and allows usage. No need to get any licenses from us to get going. Just download the module from our own forge and get going. To download the module use:
puppet module install
2. Per node per year subscription
Our basic licensing model requires a subscription per node. The subscription is valid for a year. To make this work, we need you to send us the node name of the system you want to use the module on. (Not the puppetmaster, but the system where the agent is running.). Based on this information we will send you a file containing the entitlement for your node(s). You can purchase the entitlement in the shop or you can contact us. After you have ordered this module, you will receive an entitlement file. This file contains the information needed to run the software on your Puppet machine (agents).
3. Custom licensing
Our license manager is very flexible. If you have special requirements, please contact us so we can discuss other options.
When you have questions about licensing, please contact us or check our licensing FAQ
in_control module requires:
- A Puppet Server with a puppetdb is installed and running.
- Puppet version 6.0 or higher. Can be Puppet Enterprise or Puppet Open Source
- Puppet module
- Puppet module
- A valid Enterprise Modules license for InControl.
- A valid Enterprise Modules license for the detection/enforcing modules (*_secured)
- Runs on Linux 7 and higher