db2_install puppet module allows you to automate the installation and basic configuration of a lot of IBM DB2 database related products.
Check here to see the comlete documentation for this module.
To manage the contents of the IBM DB2 database on your system, check out db2_config
Our modules are based on an annual subscription(an entitlement). When you purchase an entitlement:
- you are allowed to use the module on the named nodes you purchased the subscription for;
- you get full support on usage and any issues you have;
- we will guide you towards a working setup;
- Are allowed to use the latest and greatest version without any extra charge.
We will make sure the modules keep working with the latest versions of Puppet en the supporting products like Oracle IBM MQ or WebLogic.
We currently have the following licensing methods for you:
1) Free when used on VirtualBox
2) Per node per year subscription
3) Custom licensing
1. Free when used on VirtualBox
This module is Free when used on a VirtualBox testing machine. The software checks if you are using VirtualBox and allows usage. No need to get any licenses from us to get going. Just download the module from our own forge and get going. To download the module use:
puppet module install
2. Per node per year subscription
Our basic licensing model requires a subscription per node. The subscription is valid for a year. To make this work, we need you to send us the node name of the system you want to use the module on. (Not the puppetmaster, but the system where the agent is running.). Based on this information we will send you a file containing the entitlement for your node(s). You can purchase the entitlement in the shop or you can contact us. After you have ordered this module, you will receive an entitlement file. This file contains the information needed to run the software on your Puppet machine (agents).
3. Custom licensing
Our license manager is very flexible. If you have special requirements, please contact us so we can discuss other options.
When you have questions about licensing, please contact us or check our licensing FAQ
db2_install module requires:
- Puppet version 4.0 or higher. Can be Puppet Enterprise or Puppet Open Source
- IBM DB2 9 or higher
- A valid IBM DB2 license
- A valid entitlement for usage.
- Runs on most Linux systems.