This Puppet module lets you install Oracle WebLogic and other products in the Oracle Fusion Middleware family.
Fusion Middleware Features 11g& 12c
- installs FMW software(add-on) to a middleware home, like OSB,SOA Suite, Oracle Identity & Access Management, Oracle Unified Directory, WebCenter Portal + Content
- WebTier Oracle HTTP server
- OSB, SOA Suite with BPM and BAM Cluster configuration support ( convert single osb/soa/bam servers to clusters and migrate OPSS to the database )
- ADF/JRF support, Assign JRF libraries to a Server or Cluster target
- IDM/OAM configurations with Oracle OHS OAM WebGate, Also Cluster support for OIM OAM
- OUD Oracle Unified Directory install, WebLogic domain, instances creation & OUD control
- Forms/Reports Oracle Forms & Reports 11g and 12c
- Change FMW log location of a managed server
- Resource Adapterplan and entries for AQ, DB File, and JMS
This module supports the installation of WebLogic versions:
- 12c( 12.1.1 & 12.1.2 & 12.1.3 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 + FMW infra )
Basic Domain Management
We support the creation of a domain. You can create different types of domains:
- default WebLogic
- JRF + EM + Coherence (12.1.2 & 12.1.3 184.108.40.206) + OWSM (12.1.2 & 12.1.3 220.127.116.11) + JAX-WS Advanced + Soap over JMS
- OSB + JRF + EM + OWSM + ESS ( optional with 12c )
- OSB + SOA Suite + BAM + JRF + EM + OWSM + ESS ( optional with 12c )
- OSB + SOA Suite + BAM + BPM + JRF + EM + OWSM + ESS ( optional with 12c )
- SOA Suite + BAM + JRF + EM + OWSM + ESS ( optional with 12c )
- SOA Suite + BAM + BPM + JRF + EM + OWSM + ESS ( optional with 12c )
- WC (webcenter) + WCC ( Content ) + BPM + JRF + EM + OWSM
- WC (webcenter) + JRF + EM + OWSM
- OIM (Oracle Identity Manager) + OAM ( Oracle Access Manager)
- OUD (Oracle Unified Directory)
The modules also allow you to pack a domain and copy it to another node in a cluster.
The module has support for Java Secure Socket Extension support(JSSE) and Custom Identity and Trust Store support]
Startup and shutdown
- Startup a nodemanager
- Start or stop AdminServer, Managed or a Cluster
- Storing WebLogic Credentials and using in WLST
- Linux low on entropy or urandom fix
- Dynamic targetting] by using the notes field in WebLogic for resource targetting
Check here to see the complete documentation for this module.
To manage the WebLogic objects in your domain, check out wls_config
Our modules are based on an annual subscription(an entitlement). When you purchase an entitlement:
- you are allowed to use the module on the named nodes you purchased the subscription for;
- you get full support on usage and any issues you have;
- we will guide you towards a working setup;
- Are allowed to use the latest and greatest version without any extra charge.
We will make sure the modules keep working with the latest versions of Puppet en the supporting products like Oracle IBM MQ or WebLogic.
We currently have the following licensing methods for you:
1) Free when used on VirtualBox
2) Per node per year subscription
3) Custom licensing
1. Free when used on VirtualBox
This module is Free when used on a VirtualBox testing machine. The software checks if you are using VirtualBox and allows usage. No need to get any licenses from us to get going. Just download the module from our own forge and get going. To download the module use:
puppet module install
2. Per node per year subscription
Our basic licensing model requires a subscription per node. The subscription is valid for a year. To make this work, we need you to send us the node name of the system you want to use the module on. (Not the puppetmaster, but the system where the agent is running.). Based on this information we will send you a file containing the entitlement for your node(s). You can purchase the entitlement in the shop or you can contact us. After you have ordered this module, you will receive an entitlement file. This file contains the information needed to run the software on your Puppet machine (agents).
3. Custom licensing
Our license manager is very flexible. If you have special requirements, please contact us so we can discuss other options.
When you have questions about licensing, please contact us or check our licensing FAQ
wls_install module requires:
- Puppet version 4.0 or higher. Can be Puppet Enterprise or Puppet Open Source
- WebLogic 10, 11g, 12c or 14c
- A valid Oracle WebLogic license
- A valid entitlement for usage.
- Runs on most Linux systems, AIX and Solaris.
- Windows systems are NOT supported